Educational Field Trips
Educational experiences for children of any age group, from preschool through elementary school and beyond!
This is a hands-on experience that is as enjoyable for adults as it is for children! We happily welcome reservations for educational groups year-round, although the best times to visit are in the spring when baby animals have arrived, and the fall when a visit includes picking pumpkins right from the patch! For more than 30 years, we have been welcoming school classes, day care centers, home school groups, church organizations, and even senior citizen groups to the farm! We can tailor the tour and experience to each age group and current classroom curriculum.
We are now taking reservations for Spring 2023 Field Trips! To inquire about booking your field trip to the farm, please contact us HERE. You can also call 716-741-4862 with any questions or concerns!
A Field Trip to the farm is packed with things to do from the time you arrive, until the time you board the bus to leave!
You will meet and learn about all of the farm animals, the honeybees, and what life is like for a farmer. Everyone will also take a hayride that includes a pumpkin in the fall, and all children will get a pony ride too! Picnic areas are available year around for groups who bring in their packed lunches.
On your educational tour, some of the things you might learn about include:
- How wool from an angora rabbit can turn into mittens
- How many eggs a day a chicken can lay
- Where milk comes from, and even a chance to milk a goat!
- What jobs some of the animals have on the farm, from 2,000 pound Joe the horse, to Cocoa Puff the miniature donkey!
- What our ‘barnyard groceries’ look like to keep the animals well fed and healthy!
Admission and Activities
Admission and Activities: Admission cost for educational group trips is $12/per person (children and adults) during the spring and summer season. Fall admission is $14/per person and includes a small pumpkin. One teaching staff person is included per 10 paid children’s admissions. This is for staff only, and does not include chaperones.
- A visit to the farm includes a guided educational farm tour, designated lunch area, pony rides for children, and a hayride.
For FAQs about planning a Field Trip to the farm, click HERE.